The Complete Resource for Smallholders & Farmers!
Providing expert guidance to help and inspire smallholders, farmers, livestock owners and anyone interested in country living
Our DVDs give you hands on experience in all your livestock tasks and feature demonstrations with vets and experts in animal health and husbandry. Read our growing range of articles to increase your knowledge in all aspects of livestock, land management, gardening and cooking.
What's New for August 2014
- Our Things to do This Month feature will help you relax and keep up with all the tasks around your smallholding!
- Read our Farm Diary to read our view on farming subsidies
- Moredun Health Bulletin - Common Disorders of Breeding Rams
- Article of the Month - Basic Principles of Rearing and Management of Pigs
As the weather gets warmer, make sure your pigs have shade at all times – a hot pig is not a happy pig! The white-skinned breeds can also suffer very badly from sunburn if they have no shade
- Sign up for our monthly newsletter
If you’re looking for information about a specific smallholding subject, have a quick search in our Index of Articles – and if it’s not there, let us know so that we can fill the gap.
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us: @smallholder